Wednesday 15 November 2017

My quilting past

Hi everyone,  thank you for  visiting.

Reason l did not blog last week, l  was travelling to the Uk and things just got hectic.

For that reason l have decided to show you some quilts l have made in the past.  Some started and still on going and one l doubt it will be finished.

I have added some of my paintings and silk ribbon canvases


 Dear Jane, my take made vrom Asian fabrics so l renamed it Asian Jane
 A Jenny Beyer quilt called Asian Fans
 Hearts on Fire
 One l made for my Daughter called Rose Cottages
 Started but doubtful if it will be finished.  It was also hand painted, ribbon embroidery and beads covered in ribbon  this was a mistake because l realised very quickly it was going to be  very heavy
 An up close of the above, bit of embroidery too on this
 This is Esther Aliu's design a mystrry called Secret Garden, l stopped to continue with another quilt but will return to it.
 One of several silk ribbon canvases l have  made this is Little Girl Reaching (there are eggs in the nest)
 Another painting. Its  called poppies in a brass pot



 The above are both the same one framed, the other not.  Cannot remember the name of this, but l call it Bougainvillea







 My favourite  Ballet Dancer at Rest.  The shoe is 1/2" long made of silk. And each of the Cala Lilies made individually.




 Love Entwined by Esther Aliu,  my take using silk ribbon embroidery, broderie perse
 My  very first attempt at Applique  Autumn Geisha


Forgottenthe name of this one.





Affairs of the Heart, again  my take,  l used silk ribbon embroidery on the borders


This is a watercolour wall hanging.  Dragonflies.  This is an easy technique but looks difficult.  The 2" squares are placed on and  ironed  on a fused grid with the 2" squares placed on the grid.  You iron them on then sew them first from top to bottom then side to side.  I think there are some beautiful ones available from www.watercolourquilts.com.
There are lots more designs on this site.

Thanks for visiting.  See you  next week.
Now tolink to Esther's WOW.




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts Ellie, your work is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, surprising how much there was

      Delete
  2. Hi Ellie, I had forgotten how many things you have made, were they all made while you've been in Spain?? Lovely to see them all again. Have a good weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Rachel, since I joined the Group at Izzies. Amazing amount, but I bet so have you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work...All of it. Make me wish I could have seen your display at NEC. I think you will have inspired many others with your work Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Colin, thanks for reading my blog, which l must get back to, but l we came back from the UK with the flu, really horrible. You know that is just the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. I am working on a quilt at the moment, which hopefully will be finished in time for next years NEC, so if you are not galavanting all over the world, you may have a space in your schedule for Birmingham. Take care Ellie

    ReplyDelete