Saturday 23 December 2017

Happy Christmas and what l am up to

Hello everyone,
Sorry been missing for a few weeks, but came bqck from England with the Flu and to be honest did not feel well.

However l could not let this time of year go by without wishing all my quilty friend the best of everything for both Christmas and the coming New Year.  So as we say here, Feliz Navidad and Feliz Año Nuevo.

Here is what l have been doing.  Still plodding away with the beautiful Hearts Desire and although l still have 3 more corner blocks to do decided to do my borders, which are somewhat unusual as they are sewn together to place 4 corner baskets which are beautiful and then the scallops, leaves and flowers.  You then sew all your blocks together and sew them into the middle...different, so l challenged myself.

In retrospect l should have done each side scallops and leaves then mitres the corners and placed the baskets, but its working out ok, as l did not want to take the mitres out as they were just so perfect ...for a change.






However since making that l changed the basket slightly


I had a bit of a trauna my Litebox overheated and burned our new table, l was not flavour of the month


Here is the new basket for my corners, feel much happier with it  the pink was just too bright




This is my progress so far, a lot of pins still in there so a lot of sewing still left.

Hope you enjoyed reading my blog.

I shall raise my glass to you all in the New Year....have a great time.

See you all next year 2018.

Joining Esther Aliu's blog   WOW

2 comments:

  1. Your HD is so beautiful Ellie and I do like the flowers in the basket instead of just the pink, but I thought the basket was lovely before too LOL but the flowers are lovely. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie, glad you're feeling better. Feliz Navidad.....y prospero año neuvo!

    ReplyDelete